We are getting ready to Namaste Nepal and I can't believe it. Two more weeks until packout and then two more until wheels up.
I think I'm more anxious than I'll admit and there is still a lot to do in the next two weeks but really, as one friend reminded me - "Just hide the kids, pets and passports and they'll just pack everything else up". I know from experience that this is true but a little organization beforehand ultimately relieves some stress on the day of the move.
So this is my GRAND PLAN:
This week or next week:
1) Clean out closets and drawers for clothing giveaway.
2) Attack the "in" box in our office! (Where I pretend I am very organized and have four bins labeled ACT, R&D (read and dispose), FILE, SHRED. Two out of the four of those are always, always full.)
3) Cajole the hoodlums to part with more toys.
Two days prior to packers:
1) Pack our suitcases with whatever we can't live without in the next three weeks or so until the air freight arrives.
2) Collect all the things we can't live without for the next three months on the living room floor for air freight.
To any Foreign Service/Military Moms who are lurking ... I need you now! Advice people!
Now that doesn't sound so bad, does it? I feel better already.