As the Hoos say ... We are here, we are here, we are here!
Top five things to be grateful for from the EPIC JOURNEY?
1) Even though three out of four threw up at one point - no one got sick on their clothes! (okay - one of those was me - only Swift escaped turbulence unscathed.)
2) To the really nice lady who was not willing to exchange seats so I could sit next to my two year old - I am so glad that he didn't spill your red wine in your lap since he spent almost the entire flight in mine reaching for that pretty red liquid, because, boy howdy, you would have been understandably er, grumpy. (Honestly, I'm not bitter but... man ...)
3) A certain darling little four year old did not have a single tantrum on the whole trip. This, my friends, is proof of divine intervention.
4) No flight delays, stroller actually made every gate check and all luggage arrived. Amen.
5) Indeed there was an angel on every flight. A colleague of my husband's was on the first two flights and just took the car seat for me. And as it turns out someone we know from Bangkok was also on the last two flights. (It was our brother in law's brother in law - it takes a minute to chew on that.)
My only tearful moment was on the LAST two minutes of the descent of the last flight when one of the flight attendants told me I was endangering my child because he was in my lap. She was just doing her job but I hadn't exactly slept much in the last 48 hours and was just a liiiitttlle on the edge.
It is about 2:30 am right now and I am feeding graham crackers to a few little hoodlums who "just can't sleep Mommy!". Ah Sleep, the elusive goddess for desperate Mommies.
I may be posting this time of night for awhile.